Friday, September 19, 2008

WWF

First time going for a science talk in NUS. Out of the 20 - 30 people who attended the talk, most of them are probably masters or PhD students or profs, and quite a few of my Teaching Assistants were present too. Felt quite out of place coz I was probably one of the few undergrads there.

The talk was by a former life science grad, currently working as WWF staff. What attracted me to the talk was that it was about snails and tigers! Haha.. I didnt regret going for it as I learnt how ecological studies are done and I even thought of a possible career prospect in WWF. Their current projects in Malaysia included conservation work to preserve limestone caves and its biodiversity as well as the tiger population there. Not sure if WWF has a branch in Thailand too, if there is I don't mind living in the forest or on a mountain there to study the biodiversity. Away from the rest of the crazy world. X\

[Smiling Tiger @ Tiger Temple, Kanchanaburi, Thailand]

Nice meet up with SY @ JE today. Meet up again soon k! =)

No comments: