Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Welcome home, or not

After being away from home for almost 5 months, I must admit some part of me wants to be back to my home, where I dun have to fend for myself, where I can sleep late without worrying tt I will die of hunger, to be protected...

Being in Canberra, maybe it's partly due to the fact that I dun read the news as often, there's hardly any paranoid reaction to that bloody flu, but back home everyone seems paranoid.
What a huge contrast.
What a true blue Singaporean thing: Kiasi-ism.

Felt SO WELCOMED. Everyone's telling me about quarantine. My aunt called with the intention of teasing me, and asked if I'm quarantined. Luckily I wasnt home to answer the call, I probably wouldnt be too tickled by that.

Sighs if anyone is very concerned about getting swine flu, just pretend that I'm not home so that U dun have contact me.

Great pulling force from Aussie, pushing force from Singapore..
what am i doing here?



No comments: