Thursday, March 19, 2009

Time for a decision...

I'm torn between keeping the Science communication module or dropping it. I am just so indecisive isnt it?

Keep that module!

  • Able to transfer credits back
  • Will not affect the progress of Hons Proj
  • Need not extend one more semester
  • Save all the shitty trouble of talking to Convenor and Office of ISS
  • Dropping the module = easy way out?

Drop that module!

  • It’s not useful, not what I expected it to be
  • I can have more time to revise other modules, Neuroscience is difficult!
  • Won’t have to skip Neuro lectures every Mon, won’t feel so lost & saves time from listening to podcast. Podcast does help when lectures are full of graphs. My imagination isn’t that powerful
  • Can have more time to travel and experience life eg Conservation Volunteer
  • Can cook and enjoy my meals more. Everyone is surviving on instant noodles and bread. Sad life isn’t it?
  • Happier =)

My Plans after dropping!
  • Revise other courses
  • Travel!
  • Take one more sem, I can take my 4th Chem module, Some other modules that I want & Thai every semester till Thai 6

My other Exchange friends in hall are dropping/ had dropped modules. Mandy, my friend on exchange from Hongkong is right to say that Exchange is the time to experience a different lifestyle and not get stressed up over studies. It's the only time in your entire education life when you can study without stress. I guess I'm pretty much for the decision of dropping, but somehow I'm still very hesitant. I have until this friday 3pm to submit this to International Student Services. Gosh, why is this so complicated? Time is ticking away & I'm still 50-50.


Maybe I should be kinder to myself & choose whatever that makes me happier, shouldnt think too much isnt it? =) Anyway I'm already 12months late, what's another 6 months?
Life's too short to rush things through... Going to talk to my convenor Will @ 9am tml, I kinda dread it, but I guess it should b fine. It will be =)
REjoice Rejoice!

No comments: