Thursday, November 19, 2009

We'll miss you Dr Roland Su

I still remember during the interview for my SEP with Dr Roland Su and Dr Ong Bee Lian, I was a little nervous as I wasnt sure if I could go to Australia or Sweden or NONE for exchange due to my average grade.

The first thing they told me was " Congratulations, you are going to Australian National University!"

I remember Dr Su telling me that I'll be the only one from NUS for exchange, and hence as the only ambassador from NUS, I have to stand tall.

He told me about the Science Circus in ANU and told me to experience as much as I can in Aussie so that I can benefit my students in future.

When he heard that my mum will be worried if I'm the only one going to ANU, he jokingly told me we don't have to be so honest all the time.

When I was alone in Aus, desperately trying to contact NUS regarding the mapping, his efficient reply was reassuring.

Thank you Dr Su for all your help and encouragement.
We'll gonna miss you.
Rest in peace.

No comments: