Finally got Siva to go on field trip with me. So the 4 of us, Siva (my sup), Airani (his wife), Anne (the crazy snake hunter- my friend) and I spent almost 4 hours @ NSSF on Friday night looking for crabs.
We saw quite a few Irmys (Irmengardia johnsoni) along the way and Airani was really good at catching fish and crabs with bare hands! & spotting them too!
After a long hike in, we finally reached the pool and marshy stretch. I found the first P. reticulata! Hooray they are still around! No one studied them ever since they were discovered by Prof Peter Ng, and this species is found no where else in the world but this particular site! & I found them! What beauties they are, as the name suggest, they have very nice reticulated patterns on their carapace.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Parathelphusa reticulata
Cant wait to start surveying!!! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment