Small small class, that's why I really feel bad when I'm late.
Thai Oral
Thai oral on wednesday was....... hilarious!
The day started really stressful as I was surviving on chicken essence, & I hadn't memorized my script ( It's a solo presentation on a chosen topic, unlike Thai 1 & 2, which is conversation with a partner). I reached the venue at 8 to set up my laptop when my slot was at 9. Oral was supposed to start at 820 and nobody came until 822, when khun david and khun terence came. But where's our examiner?? We speculated that it was loy krathong that day & probably aacaans were busy with the festival. At 9am, we realised something was wrong, aacaan cant be that late & we started calling our teachers. None of us could get through to anyone ( the only successful phone call was made to huiting).
So for the next 1.5 hrs, we opened the door of our tutorial room, staring at the passerbys, & speculating that we have entered a different dimension, we even checked the date, day, month, year, venue to make sure we are at the right place and right day. We had no reception and we seriously thought we entered a different dimension like those wisely stories.
It was a really funny 2 hrs spent as we tried to convince ourselves that we were indeed in another dimension. To think that it was the first time I spoke to khun david.
So what really happened? hahah no examiners were scheduled for our slot & so we got to make up for it on Thurs evening 6 -8pm
PART II
Rescheduled oral on Thursday was fine. My topic was on " the thing I'm most afraid of" & that of course will be cat! But as usual, I mispronounced a word & the sentence became hilarious. Instead of saying I once had a dream that I rode (ขี่ Khii- low tone) on my tiger friend, I said I shit (ขี้ khii- falling tone) on him. aacaan burst out luffing and ask if i meant khii low tone or falling tone. waikiki said it must be because we use the ขี้ word too often le & it juz came out naturally. haha must be under the bad influence of my thailand-ing khakhis. Bleahz. hopefully like what phii roomie says, maybe aacaan will give me entertainment points na.

No comments:
Post a Comment