Saturday, March 6, 2010

It's panic attack !!

I was checking my email inbox on my iPhone and saw an email from my supervisor Siva, informing us about the upcoming talk on conservation. The first thought was that it was an upcoming event Siva wants the Honsy to go for.

On closer look it is to inform us that it is a talk that we are going to give.
Going to give.

Alright, upcoming presentation on my freshwater crabbys. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Later the day, my fellow honsy msged me to confirm the dateline for submission of abstract for the talk. After opening the email, I slowly scrolled down and read the correspondence between the organising profs.

Prof Tommy Koh.

I recognise this name. Big Shot. Was attached to UN.

doink. Just saw the proposal for the event, with my edited abstract for talk (almost totally done by Siva, no wonder he said our abstracts suck), my photo and crabby photo.

I'm of the four speakers, and the talk comes with Q&A.

I think it's going to be some big LT talk in NUS, with representatives from the Ah Meng Funds, NParks, Zoo.. etc and many familiar faces from DBS (Department of Biological Sciences) and Raffles Museum of Biological Research, maybe Nature Society too? & fellow Honsy?

Gosh, the thought itself is enough to make my heart race a little faster.

Shall survive Thesis and then I should be able to see a more complete picture of the status of the crabby and hopefully give a inspiring talk that can help start some conservation funds for my crabbys.

Jiayou!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoohoo! I want to go listen to your talk!

When when when? ^_^