Friday, August 21, 2009

How much do u love Singapore?

The 10th August Sin Ming has an article on patriotism.
According to the statistics, 52% Somewhat or extremely loves Singapore, 21% Loves Singapore a little or do not love Singapore while 25% is unsure.

I decided to ask my relatives who had came over to view my Brother's wedding video and photos how much they love Singapore.

My 2 cousins: Dunno, probably not, probably loves a little?
My Aunt 1: Loves! Of course love! Singapore is so good! So clean! Singapore is the best!
My Aunt 2: Of course I love! I even dressed in red and white yesterday (9th Aug) and I woke up early in the morning to recite the pledge coz they say we were to recite the pledge together at 820(am), only to find out that it is 820pm and not am.

I dunno what patriotism is. It's not that I dun like Singapore ( except the fact that there are too many high rise buildings and too little nature and no mountains.. ) but I dun like the idea of differentiating between nations. I think it's all these differentitaion that leads to conflicts between many nations, be it Taiwan and China, Thailand and cambodia, North and South Korea... If humans are less corrupted, we might be able to achieve a one world one nation one people ideology.. but it will never be possible. Ok crazy idea.

Deep down, i'm very glad I'm not a guy. I always wondered, if I were to be sent to the frontline to fight for my country, will I really fight? Will I see the opponent/ rival/ enemy and start shooting? I can never understand war. Does a brave warrior from the enemy troop not have the same right to live just like any other fella in your own army? Is he not someone else's loving husband, precious son or respected father? I might choose to die than to open fire at another fellow homo sapiens. Horrible. I hope that day will never come. And it must have been really horrible for the American young soldiers to fight wars in Iraq/ Afganistan/ ...

*World Peace*

No comments: